Latest update: watch for a coalition advance in the west, focused on the Red Sea port of Hodeida.
Yemen will continue to be a featured topic here at The Salty Wog. And why not? Terrible as everything about the Yemen situation is, those involved in military education will never escape it, as this theater can provide the basis for just about any conceivable case study. May as well get started now.
- Need to consider Foreign Internal Defense? Yemen’s got that in spades.
- A fractured country with a divided government? That’s an apt description.
- How about counterterrorism? Plenty.
- Perhaps a scenario about countering foreign influence? A good deal of that (though aren’t we ourselves a foreign influence? Just asking.).
- Managing allies with disparate interests? Yep, we’re doing that.
- The economic value of ports, and the trouble with taking them? Plenty of examples!
- Our role in Foreign Humanitarian Assistance? Yeah, that’ll probably happen.
- Landward discontent adjoining a critical maritime chokepoint? You betcha.
- A Noncombatant Evacuation Operation? Did that one, too – 15 or so years after the most interesting man in the world successfully pitched the idea of a Yemen NEO to Hollywood.
Keeping up with the news today will be a big assist for your Joint Professional Military Education tomorrow!